Friday, October 30, 2009

Stitching Related Activity

I had so much fun last night with Debbie and Becky but I really got in trouble when I got home. Nick was asleep and Randy was about to go to bed so they were ok with the fact that I got home late. My friend, Bella (my pet rat) however, wasn't so happy. I usually feed her a yogurt treat around 9 and when I didn't get home until almost midnight she was a bit upset with me. Here's how the conversation went:


Jan: Well, hello Miss Bella. Are you ready for your night treat?

Bella: Yes. Where the h*** have you been?

J: I was out with the girls.

B: You were out with the girls until almost midnight?

J: Yes

B: Doing what?

J: I can't tell you. It's a surprise.

B: You have a surprise for ME?

J: No. It's a surprise for my stitching friends.

B: Then why can't you tell me?

J: Because you might tell someone.

B: You are such an idiot. I only talk to you and it's only in your mind.

J: Well, some of my friends might be as crazy as me and they might hear you.

B: (Good Lord) Alright Well give me a hint.

J: It is a Stitching Related Activity.

B: I probably could have guessed that much all by myself. Even with the mind a size of a rat, I had that much figured out. More info needed. And, why until almost midnight.

J: We went to Hobby Lobby first and then ate out at a Mexican restaurant.

B: Did you eat out just with Deb and Beck?

J: Yes.

B: Noone else?

J: Well, there were two very handsome men in dark blue uniforms from the police department but they ate alone. We just enjoyed the view. You know, men in uniforms.

B: Yes, I know what you mean. Go ahead.

J: OK After we ate we went to Debbie's and started working.

B: How do I know you were really working at Debbie's?

J: We took pictures.

B: Can I see them?

J: Sure thing. Here's the first one:

B: That doesn't even look like you and if I do say so myself, that does not look like a Stitching Related Activity.

J: Well, it is me and it is a SRA.

B: Prove it.

J: OK. Here's another picture:


B: OK. That sure does look like you but it still doesn't look like a SRA. What does hammering into a piece of plastic have to do with stitching?

J: Well, stitching involves placing thread into holes in the fabric. Maybe we are stitching something through the holes I'm making.

B: I don't believe that at all. Where's my yogurt snack?

J: Here you go. Can I go to bed now?

B: No. I still don't believe you were stitching and still don't believe you were with Becky and Debbie. Do you have more photos?

J: Of course. Here's another one:
B: That is Becky alright. She's so pretty. What is she doing? Is that rice?

J: Yes, that is rice. I can't tell you what she's doing.

B: Right the crazy mind reading thing. You aren't doing very good at convincing me you were actually doing something productive instead of coming home on time and feeding me my snack, which was delicious by the way. Thank you very much.

J: You are welcome. Would you like to see another picture?

B: Of course I would. I have a feeling there is much more to the story than this.

J: OK. Here's one of Debbie:

B: That's not Debbie. She's taller than that.

J: OOPS. Well, that's me of course. I pushed the wrong button.

B: And what is that you are drinking at the SRA?

J: Uhh, root beer.

B: You expect me to believe that? I wasn't born yesterday. That looks like beer.

J: But you know me better than that.

B: You didn't come home until midnight and you want me to think you were just drinking root beer, hanging out with the girls, eating Mexican food?

J: Yes.

B: I still don't believe you. Where's the photo of Debbie?

J: Here it is:

B: She looks like she's as tired of listening to your story as I am.

J: She's tired because we were working late and I kept taking pictures. See how hard she's working?

B: Yes, and she actually looks like she is stitching.

J: She is. We were.

B: It's getting very late and I'm very tired. Do you have any more photos?

J: No. No, I don't. Not right now.

B: You DO! Show me!!!

J: I can't. After we give them away, then I'll show you more photos. I promise. Can I go to bed now?

B: Yes. But, remember, I am nocturnal. If I find a way out of this cage tonight, your secrets will be revealed to me!

J: You are psycho.

B: You are the one talking to a rat.

J: You are right. Good night.

3 comments:

  1. Poor Miss Bella. Glad you had such a fun evening with your friends though. Will you have all your promise pieces completed by the end of the year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, unfortunately I have too many projects in the works and not enough hours in the day. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like GOOD CLEAN FUN to me!!! Poor Bella though. If you plan on laying out late in the future, you should make proper arrangements for her!

    ReplyDelete