Saturday, October 10, 2009

Retreat

Everyone is having a great time, as usual, at our fall retreat at Cedar Lakes. The leaves are changing color so the scenery is absolutely beautiful.

We met some quilters that were here this weekend as well as meeting some very nice people at the blacksmith auction. Debbie, Glory, Marsha and I went. We all left with something very interesting to show.


And, yes, I did manage to get some stitching done. I started on the Blackwork Princess for Alyssa and make quite a dent in it. I also finished a scissor holder that I had stitched awhile back but had never "finished". I brought it to get some ideas from the ladies about how to finish it. They cut me batting and bought me fabric to line it. That motivated me to finish it for them so they could see it. I still want to put cording around the edges to hide the stitches but I will have to wait until I get home to get the matching floss.


Some people like to show and tell but not have their photo taken. I completely understand. Isn't the dragon beautiful?


c

No comments:

Post a Comment