Thursday, November 12, 2009

Football

Are you ready for some football? I always am. I love watching Big Ben and the Steelers play. I didn't finish my Promise Piece this year and I didn't win a helping hand frame weight so I had to make my own. I found this fabric that I was planning on using for something else and it just caught my eye and the wheels started turning inside my little brain and...VOILA!...a frame weight.

I think even Ben would be proud of me. (Actually, he probably wouldn't give a s*&^ one way or the other but a girl can dream, huh?) Anyway, it holds the frame down as required and that is all that really matters anyway, isn't it?

I started working on some Christmas pieces as well. These aren't cross stitch related but they are hand-stitched anyways. I found these fabrics at Hobby Lobby and they just called out to me and desperately needed to be used in a project of some type. I think this works pretty well. I think Nick and his dad are going to work on making stained dowel rods with decorative end pieces for this and another project. Hope they finish them before the holidays.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with ya' regarding Big Ben. Did you notice how long and curly his hair looked Monday? I mean compared to Troy Polamalu, it didn't look long, but long for Ben. I LIKED it!

    Go STEELERS!

    Just FYI, when you update your blog now, it's not automatically syndicating. (I think that is the right terminology). Check your settings and see if you can reset something because I'd love to know (by the sidebar on my blog) when you've updated yours. It used to automatically update, but my bloglist still shows "Retreat" as your list posting. I found several helpful tutorials online about the "nuts and bolts" of blogging.

    ReplyDelete