Sunday, June 21, 2009

Share a Stitch Third Day

It was a full day of stitching! I got quite a bit done on my Mirabilia Winter piece. You can't tell yet what it is by what I've done, but I can see the progress. Everyone is learning a lot this weekend. I didn't get a photo of Becky's yet, but she's doing the American Flag set (who would have guessed). She's made the chain and tassel and started on the alphabet that wraps around the basket and has started several of the stitches for the flag. It's a sampler and each row of red and white are different stiches and the blue section is different. I'll try to get a photo of it today. I didn't yesterday because we were too busy in Karen's room having Rick's early birthday. Most everyone knows what his gift was but hadn't seen it framed yet.
He loved it! He knew she'd finished it and kept asking her "when are we going to the framers?" She managed to get it here and keep it here the whole weekend without him suspecting a thing. Alright, back to SAS. Since many of you have never seen me in a dress I'll show you the pic Nick took before the banquet. Look at it carefully because you might not see me all dressed up again.

Vera and Liz are taking the Ethnic Arts class and were working on Temari balls. They look absolutely beautiful!









Sandy and Del are working hard on Lavendar and Lace beading, such dainty little things. I can't wait to see them finished.








The banquet food was about what you'd expect, a salad, chicken with potatoes and rolls and a slice of pecan pie. We all got a glass of water but not everyone got coffee. The waiters were just too busy to get to everyone. (That is called sarcasm.) There were several speakers, flowers were given out, and so on, but you can read about that in Needle Arts. The point of the weekend that everyone had been waiting for had finally arrived. The teacup auction baskets drawing! The Cheekwood Chapter had the basket everyone wanted. They sold the most tickets which was over 2,000!None of our girls won that one. It was a bit sad until one lady won and we overheard another say, "let's kill her and we can slit it". I'm sure she was only joking? But our table did pretty well actually. Becky will have to show the photo of who won the TANA Basket. They were on the other side of the room so I let her go take photos. It had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that we were drinking a bit before the banquet but I preferred to remain at the table. However, a lady right across from me won the MMNA basket.
Our girls aren't going home with nothing, though! Miss Becky and Del both won amazingly beautiful baskets! We always love it when Becky wins because she screams like a little girl! Wait, I think I did too.












You can see our beautiful table favors and the Temari balls and you can't see them but at the top of the flower vase are several very tiny cardinals that were all made by one lady and we each got one of those.
Today is our last day of fun and stitching and I'm going to be late since I had to load all the photos but I had to share with everyone how much fun we've been having. Nick and I are staying another night. I haven't even made it to the pool or done any siteseeing yet. Maybe tonight I'll show you my before SAS and after SAS stitching on my piece. Hope you're enjoying it all so far and we really do miss all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment