Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Finished Blackwork

I worked on the SAS project at Becky's house and that's about it. At Merchandise Night I purchased a few patterns along with two grab bags full of goodies. I love to do blackwork so on Sunday I started the blackwork pin cushion and finished it about two days later. I love those quick projects. It's done in blackwork with some yellow/gold for accent. If I make this pattern again I think I'll leave it in blackwork because it looked fine like that before I added the yellow/gold. I love the way it finishes into a box shape. I will use this idea in the future. To make it fold into the box I had to stitch blanket stitches back to back. That makes a crease for the bottom layer to fit into. It's a very clever idea.
I went to Cross My Heart today to get some thread for a couple of the patterns I bought at SAS. They had several but had to order a few. I'm in no hurry. It's not like I don't already have a few to work on. I still need to finish my Promise Piece and the Greenwork Cottage so I can put those in the show. I finished Feed Bag Buddies and took it yesterday to have it framed but the gentleman informed me that the frames would be 1/2 price next week. That's not too long to wait for a great deal. I've been doing the Monthly Manias but haven't even started the one for July. I have the fabric and thread so it's just a matter of sitting down and starting it. I like them because they don't take long to do. I have until Monday to finish them for show and tell. OOOHHH I don't like the pressure!!!

1 comment:

  1. My O My O My, how gorgeous!!! LOVE IT!!! You've got to show me the blanket stitch trick. I think Janice Love tried to teach us that in Richmond but I blinked and missed it! LOL. See you Monday!

    ReplyDelete