Sunday, June 21, 2009

Share a Stitch Sunday

Well, SAS is officially over. Classes have ended, the bookstore is closed, and the packing to go home has began. Luggage rollers are making their way down the hallways carrying suitcases and bags filled with goodies. Ladies are smiling and hugging with promises of future visits. The weekend has gone by so fast. We just blinked and it's already time to go home. In that blink we've experienced more wonderful memories to last a lifetime, funny stories to tell to everyone back home and precious moments that can never be replaced.

I have books and new projects to work on along with momentos to keep and treasure. I learned new techniques and polished up on some old ones. The meals were fulfilling and mostly fattening (the best kind). However, the one true treasure of the weekend was the time spent with my friends. It doesn't really matter where we are or what we do but it is the people we love that make our experiences richer. I wouldn't trade the friends I have for all the riches of the world. They are the most precious gifts I've ever received.

No comments:

Post a Comment