Sunday, June 21, 2009

SAS Project

I managed to accomplish quite a bit of stitching in the midst of all the activities, entertainment and excitement. This is a before and after picture of my piece.

















I also got a one-on-one picot lesson from Marion herself. She does it exactly the opposite of Janice Love which is the way I've been doing it for years. I've done picots in the past but hadn't for awhile and forgotten. Her way seems to be very simple but I'll have to try it myself to see if I can copy hers. She also gave us a mini-lecture on lacing our work before framing. I'd taken a class in that but she added many new tips that I hadn't even thought of. She's a wonderful lady and I'm glad that I had the opportunity to spend time with her and learn from her many years of experience.
I already miss this SAS and am anxiously awaiting SAS XXX in Charleston. I have a year to look forward to creating a Snowfall Sampler by Susan Goodman.


No comments:

Post a Comment