Friday, July 31, 2009

Rain, rain go away




When it rains there are many things on my list of things that I can do inside. However, when the rain causes a tree to fall over onto the power lines and they shut off the electric so they can cut all of the branches down and it takes all day....it limits the TO DO list quite a bit. Nick and I tried to make the best of it, though. We had plans to leave around 2:00 to head off to Shawnee State Park to stay for the weekend at the lodge. With the roads closed we weren't sure how that would affect our plans. It quit raining, so our hopes were up. The worst part for him was not having the internet. I missed the TV or listing to music. He went back to bed when he realized we couldn't get out to go to football practice. I had to call Debbie and cancel our lunch date. We were going out to eat but I had made lemon bars to share. Sorry, Debbie. So, I got comfortable and picked up a book to read. I had packed my current stitching projects but my stitching finger started to itch so I put the book away and grabbed my Aztec Stitch Bookmark. I've completed stitching the square all around the edge, stitching the border around all the edges, and cutting and removing the required threads. That put me at the point where I had to do the aztec stitch around the remaining threads. I was about halfway done with that so I picked it up and started wrapping. When it was time to take a break from that, I picked up the book and headed off to bed, read for awhile and took a nap. Not bad for being flooded in, huh? Nick actually read a magazine but spent a lot of time texting his friends. Around 4:30 the power came back on and the power man let us know that the road was clear in one direction. Yeehaw!! We loaded up the car and headed out, on the road again. So, here we are. It's about midnight and after a great dinner in the restaurant and sitting out on the deck watching for wildlife, we had settled in for the night. I picked up the bookmark and just finished the aztec stitch. Now, all I need to do is the hem around all the edges. Hopefully, I can finish it by Monday for Show and Tell. This is the most stitching in a single project that is as small as it is that I think I've ever done. It is looking beautiful, though. And, it's a keeper. After working on it for this long and all the time and energy I've spent on it, I will use it myself. I will probably finish the book of ghost stories I'm reading before I get the border done, but I know I will be able to use it to finish the last Harry Potter book. I've read it before but we just saw The Half Blood Prince and I wanted to read this one again to refresh my memory. Well, I guess I should end this and head off to bed. We have a busy day planned tomorrow for hiking, fishing and swimming. Let's hope the weather doesn't cause us to change too many of our plans, but Nick and I always have fun and will make the best of it no matter what.

2 comments:

  1. I am soooooo jealous that you've finished your Aztec bookmark! I dream a dream of finishing mine one day. See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous that you get to read and take naps. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete