Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Summertime

Like my friend Debbie, summer is not my favorite time of the year. I, too, despise the heat. There are a limited number of summer activities I enjoy which are camping, fishing and swimming. I haven't fished yet but have accomplished the other two. I also thoroughly enjoy sitting in the air conditioned comfort and stitching, but that's a whole other story, isn't it?

Ever heard of Alum Creek State Park in Columbus? Neither had I but it's beautiful. I just enjoyed spending some time there with my daughter and granddaughters. It's actually a resovoir but I just call it a lake. Camping there is a bit more costly than Lake Vesuvius which is where we usually go, but each campsite has a private section of the beach. That's way cool!


Over the July 4th weekend we took Nick and Alyssa to Carter Caves for a picnic and took a tour of the Cascade Cave. Allie loved it. I thought she would be afraid when they do the whole "lights out" part but she loved it. Nick liked seeing the bats.

Nick and I then camped for one night at our property out by Chuck's Lakes where we had the other house. We just stayed for one night but it was fun. I always enjoying spending time with Nick when he isn't sitting in front of his computer in his room. (and that doesn't happen often.)
Since then I've been stitching and trying to decide what to do with the yard when they finish cleaning up after the repairs to the hill. They are planting grass seed today so I guess that's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment