Thursday, August 13, 2009

Chatelaine

I've seen many beautiful chatelaines. I have one that I bought a few years ago that is just a long, pretty ribbon that I used to put my pins on. I wanted a much nicer one but really pretty ones are either too hard to find or too expensive. I'd rather spend my money on stitching supplies or events. So I just decided to make my own. I can't seem to find the photo I took of it so I'll have to add it later. I made it a little wider than some I've seen but I have a plan. I'm placing my pins in the hemstitched border that surrounds the edges. I'm going to use the center part sort of like a continuing scrapbook of stitches. Before the next meeting I hope to have a small section done with a blackwork design on it. I've been doing a lot of blackwork lately so that will mark this point of my life history.I will also work a pattern of a house, because we lost one and got another one, and a football design because Nick is playing and I just love football anyway. (Go Steelers! Go Marshall!!) You get the idea. I'm still working on that promise piece along with a few other small items. I haven't finished the August Monthly Mania. It's a lighthouse and I usually love to stitch lighthouses but I'm not really happy with the colors in this one. I'm doing it in the colors called for in the pattern and I guess that was my first mistake. I should have changed them to ones I like. Well, I'm almost halfway finished with it so I'll probably just finish it the way it is. Hopefully, September will be done before, you know, September. I love the class piece from last month and I work on it during football practice because it's so easy to take with me. I'm so glad that I took pics of Liz's piece at the meeting. It makes it so much easier to work on. Also, I have another blackwork piece (that's actually done in dark green) that I got at SAS and it's going to be beautiful. It is a Silkstone Design called Tasseled Trimmers. Along with the greenwork it also has some gold cross stitches in it. When I did the last blackwork piece it had gold in it as well and I thought I'd leave the gold out the next time I did one but everyone who saw it loved the gold in it so I guess I'll do it this way again.

No comments:

Post a Comment