Thursday, May 14, 2009

Stitching Retreat




I'm leaving this afternoon for the retreat. I've been counting down the days to this for months. We have two of them every year. One is in the spring and the other in the fall. I usually take several things to work on and spend a bit of time on each one. This year I'm doing it a bit different. This piece is called "Feed Bag Buddies". I'm making it for Nick. TANA is having an exhibit in October and I need to finish it before then so I can put it in the show. So, this is it. I'm really close and I'm hoping that the weekend will be enough to put the finishing stitches in it. That's why I'm putting it on here, to help motivate me to have the finished piece to photograph and post on Monday. Wish me luck!
I'm rooming with Marnie this time. We've roomed together before and she's a great lady to spend time with. She's one of those people that I can share things with and know she isn't going to be judgemental or pity me. Tonight is the season finale of Grey's Anatomy and since that is the only show she really likes I know what I'll be doing from 9-11! I did bring a few hand held stitching pieces to work on in the room so I can do those then. Last night was the Lost season finale so I got my TV fix then.
So, I'm out of the shower, packing the last of my things, then heading off to fill up the tank and run through the car wash and on my way to stitch! I'm looking forward to all the great food, spending time with my wonderful friends, eating, stitching, eating and having a fun weekend. Did I mention there would be food?

No comments:

Post a Comment