Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Bathroom repairs

The countertop guy showed up today to put the bathroom countertops in. YEAH! But, could it be that simple? Of course not. The realtor put in temporary sinks so we could move in while the permenant ones were special ordered. The perms are larger than the temps so the drains are the wrong size and were glued in. He now has to get two pieces of plastic to hook them up.
Also, he had to take the door frame down to squeeze the countertop in and when he did it snapped in two pieces! So, when he gets the countertops done (maybe today) then the contractor has to come back, fix the door frame and patch up the walls where he scraped them with the new counter. It's only 10am.
I'm waiting for a phone call from my son to come and get him from school. The news is predicting another snowstorm starting around noon with a winter storm warning until Thursday morning. Great. As long as we don't lose power, I won't complain. So many of my friends have that problem to the point of leaving their own homes and staying with relatives. (Marnie)
I've got a jewelry party schedule for Friday but if the weather comes as predicted I may have to reschedule. My driveway is very steep. One side is up against the hill so that isn't too bad, but the other side goes down over a hill. Not so good if that's the way you'd slide. It's been interesting actually. I have to start speeding up on the road and hitting the driveway full speed so I can make it to the top without stopping. I'm not sure how it would end up if I had to stop and then back down the hill. Every driving accident I've ever had was while I was in reverse.
Oh well, it keeps life interesting. I'm stitching on a lighthouse pattern by The Prairie Schooler called Weather Wise (appropriate). I may actually finish it today while waiting for the counter guy to come back and fix my sink.

No comments:

Post a Comment