Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Chatelaine Picture

I never could find the photo I had taken, so I just took another one. I think it looks better in person but that's usually the way it is with stitched items. I haven't gotten a lot of stitching done lately. I had Alyssa and Emma to stay overnight Saturday. I was so worried that Emma would have a hard time without her mommy but we kept her busy and made sure noone mentioned the word "mommy". We took them to Ritter Park in Huntington. I hadn't been there for quite awhile. They have added some new equipment since I'd been there. We had a blast!

Nick is playing football for Ironton this year. Since we moved he is now in the Rock Hill School District but we'd heard horror stories about the schools there so he decided to go to Ironton since his daddy went there. He looks so adorable in his uniform. When he was little I always called him "Mommy's little linebacker". Well, he's a head and half taller than me and he's now 14 so I can no longer call him that. (Out loud anyway.) Tomorrow is his first day in the 8th grade. it just doesn't seem like he should be that old. It was only a week or so ago that I was in the 8th grade. Well, it feels that way sometimes.
So, I made plans for that day. I'm going to go to Lanna's house to help her organize her craft room. We've been working on it for quite awhile. She has a very LARGE amount of crafting supplies. She loves stitching as much as I do as well as beading, crocheting, needle punch, etc. She used to own a craft shop so she has everything! We have been trying to get her organized so she can find things easier. She does like I do: if I can't find it easily, I just buy another one. She is having a stitch-in at her house on the 25th of this month so we are on a deadline now. I hope she got some of those plastic drawers with labels so we can start putting things away. We have piles all over the floor, couch, table and chairs in their categories. Now we just have to put them somewhere before we open any more boxes, bags or totes. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Wow I have some cute kids and a VERY handsome brother AND a talented Mom :)

    ReplyDelete