Monday, September 21, 2009

Penny Rug


I thoroughly enjoyed our class at the TANA meeting this month, Penny Rugs. I started with the shapes called for: a nickel, half dollar and dollar (coin). I cut out several pieces but after attempting to assemble them, I found that the pieces were just too small. Maybe they were just too small for me. I think maybe I was stitching around them with too large a stitch. Anyway, Becky brought some large washers and she let me have three of those. They worked wonderfully! I will more than likely use this one as a trivet. Alyssa saw it and wants me to make one for her. I'm not sure what she'll use it for. I think she justs wants Mamaw to make her something.
I was going through some photos the other day and found one of Alyssa with a blackwork princess that I had stitched for her maybe a year or so ago. I had forgotten all about it. I hadn't framed it so it was probably just in a stack with other things. It was a very pretty piece and I remember that it didn't take too long to stitch. Well, I googled it and there it was! The exact pattern I was looking for so I got on Ebay, typed it in, and there it was! I got for $7.00 and that includes the shipping. Not too bad, huh? I have a few things on my stitching plate right now but I would like to start it and finish it for her by Christmas. I'm going to the MMNA Retreat next month so I may take it as my only project and try to finish it off over that weekend. That sounds like a workable goal to me.
I'm also working on a design. TANA has to complete a stitched piece of our logo that is to be done in a 3" circle that is done on a 5" square piece of fabric. It is going to be placed on the Tennesee Valley Region banner that is displayed at TVR events. I have the pattern for the logo because we make nametages with it on it. Our nametags are just basically stitched. For the logo that I have to make I would really like to make it a bit fancier. No, I'm not really a show-off, but I know that it will represent our group and so I want it to be special for that reason. I want people to look at our logo and know that we have some really dedicated stitchers. I have several ideas running through my little mind and several that I've put on paper. I really wish I still had PCStitch. That would make things so much easier. For now, graph paper is working fine.
Tonight a few of us are headed to Marnie's for happy hour before heading off on a shopping spree to the new Hobby Lobby. I have a list and cash so I'm ready to go. Look out Marnie, here we come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment