Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Flower Biscornou

I got this pattern at Marnie's Christmas in July Stitch-in. (If I owe anyone for the pattern just let me know.) I made a few changes. The flowers were supposed to be done with ribbon but the ribbon I was using wasn't playing fair so I just decided to do bullion roses. For the stems I used the stem stitch. Ok, that's not so original but it works. Then, I found the button at Hobby Lobby. I played around with my own design for the back as well. I really enjoyed doing this. The biscornous are fun to assemble. Lanna and I saw a pattern for one in St. Albans that had, I think, 9 sides? Anyway, it looked interesting but the pattern was a little pricey just to learn how to do it.
This month our class is Penny Rugs. I saw the finished one on our TANA site and it looks beautiful. I think I've done them before but it's been quite some time ago so it will be fun to try it again.
At the moment I'm working on a silhouette pattern that I've already done. It was hanging in my downstairs bathroom. That one was in green but this one is black. Since I don't have to change colors it moves along quite nicely. Probably won't finish it before the next meeting but I'm not on any deadline.
Well, I guess it's off to bed to reboot for another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment