Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Hmong Project


I love our stitching around the world classes this year in TANA. This was a great project to do. I like the fact that I stitched it and then, it's finished. I didn't have to worry about framing or where to hang it. It's a book. Liz gave us instructions for folding the paper, origami style, to insert into it. So, when the pages are full, I can cut, fold and insert new pages.
The only part I didn't like was stitching on black fabric. This was Aida so the holes were easier to see but I still had to use my Ott light, magnifier glasses and white paper on my lap. It was better than a bookmark that I'm making for the SAS basket. It's done on black linen with white variegated thread. I think it will be great when it's finished but with the smaller holes, I can only work on it sitting outside. Even the Ott light doesn't help with that one. I also made the mistake of finishing the edges with black pearl cotton. I know I'm a sadistic stitcher!! Hopefully I can finish it in the next day or two and post it.

2 comments:

  1. Looks great Jan! Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Jan! I am about to finish mine too! I'm super excited about it.

    ReplyDelete