Thursday, March 5, 2009

Friendly bird

About a month ago I got a new pet, a cockatiel I named Alfred. (You know, Hitchcock The Birds) I first put him downstairs because I thought his cage area would be easier to keep clean down there. About a week ago I moved him upstairs. He loves being upstairs but he gets ready for bed before we do. Around 9 he starts chirping, just a little at first. If I don't do anything he finally just chirps constantly until I put a large towel over his cage. Then, he's quiet until morning. It's funny. He loves the new hanging snack thing I put up for him. He has his own little personality and he's a lot of fun to watch. If I go on youtube and find birds singing or chirping he thinks they are in the room and chirps back to them. I'd like to teach him to sing but I can't whistle so I went to the pet store and bought a CD that has parts of several children's songs being whistled. I guess the theory is that if he hears it often enough he'll repeat it. I'll try it and see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment